Thursday 18 December 2014

True Hope

A large part of this project for me has become about where different people place their hope. I have always known where my hope has been placed, but I wanted to know more about those around me. As I have continued to learn more I have been extremely reassured that the place I have chosen to place my hope is the one that is true. I have seen people place their hope in many different things. Relationships, money, politics, you name it. But the only thing I have ever seen completely fill someone up with hope is The Lord God. It is said in Psalm 62:5 "Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him." This is a perfect description of what hope in God looks like. Although times aren't always going to be easy, we can find the rest so many search for because we place our hope in God and trust that he has plans for us.

So as I continue to go further in this project I have decided to start focusing less on different kinds of hope and more on the one true hope. I am looking forward to diving deeper into scripture and truly learning what having hope in The Lord looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment